Thread: T205 Exclusions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 11:10 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
BUT, when you add the rest of the Gold Borders from that year to the count of the baseball players then you come close to 400. We have had this conversation before some years back with Ted Z and some others. No one knows for sure and we only speculate. I do not think there were more baseball players to be printed. I think the set was complete and the cataloging was incorrect. Definitely not the first time this has occurred as other sets have been re-cataloged properly in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
This would be a wildly different way to calculate sets than they did for any other sets. I have never seen any evidence that T42 series 2 (labeled as 1-100), T43, T80 etc. were one big mega set. The ATC journal etc. seem to make it clear they were conceived of, like other distinct T sets, as individual sets. There is evidence they were separate sets and no real evidence that they are one set beyond that you can get to roughly 400 if you add up several different sets together.

Besides the journal and the card backs, it doesn’t make much sense that sets would have different designs and subjects matter if they had a white border, but not if they had a gold border. T205 was being done at the end of the card project when the ATC remnants and ALC/Brett/etc. were ceasing production and the enterprise got complicated and wrapped up in 1912.

100% agree with Greg on this, I think there was supposed to be another printing of the T205's that never happened.

Last edited by Pat R; 06-15-2022 at 11:10 AM.