View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Bry@n

Thanks for all of the kind words guys!

The T206 Murr'y cost $150 (no shipping because it was done in ~2 hours) with SGC. I think that breaks down to $75 because of the value of the card and $75 because it is a variation and they charge extra for those.

The PSA rep kindly did the math on the best way for me to submit my lot (a total of 10 cards, I didn't post the few small ones). Using the show grading as a non-member would have been more expensive than signing up for a year at their platinum level ($199) and using the free submissions that go with it for the 10 cards (and I was left with 2 additional free subs). Getting that group shipped back to me set me back $42, which would have been about $10-12 (I think) had I not had to pay for the insurance. Had I wanted them done that same day at the show it would have been $750 so shipping was A-OK with me. I should mention that PSA would have had the cards done by Sunday for free pick up at the show, but I was no longer in town. The PSA reps I spoke to on the phone and over email regarding my many questions were all nice and responded quickly, and all of the people I interacted with at their table at the National were also nice.

Thanks for remembering my hunt for the Ruth. I actually didn't see one there and Leon's went for more than I could justify so the search for my holy grail continues. I had been planning to flip the T206 Murr'y to pay for it and still might sell that anyway now that the seed has been planted in my mind.

Last edited by Jobu; 08-18-2015 at 11:12 AM.