View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Stanage View Post
Jethrod -
this is how I am rolling next year- got caught up in some bells and whistles as a rookie, but I learned my lesson.
Oscar, I guess I do have to admit I get caught up in one or two bells or whistles under the right circumstances! I do buy a couple of boxes of 1 new product each year. I tend to prefer Upper Deck's Goodwin Champions, as I really enjoy opening that product and it doesn't break my bank, and most importantly, I can usually complete the base set from those 2 boxes. So...if UD is doing a redemption program for their special National card packs, and if Goodwin is included in the redemption program, I'll usually buy a couple of boxes from authorized UD dealers and then open the packs at the booth. They just want to see the packs opened and they collect the wrappers so I delay my gratification until later when I can really go through the cards I bought from the boxes. They give you I think 4 packs of cards per box, and if you are lucky, then your pack was seeded with a nice autograph card. UD usually has some exciting raffles during the day and if I'm in their area, I might participate. If UD doesn't have Goodwin ready in time for the National or it's not part of their redemption, I might buy Allen and Ginter, and then I'll go to the Topps booth where they usually have a redemption program dealie going on. Not a bad way to spend a few minutes, though there usually are some lines and crowds to deal with!