View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 12:24 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
How many buyers would offer a seller a bag of cash to safeguard while they looked at the seller's cards? That should be a red flag right there. And how many sellers would even think of accepting a bag purported to hold 100K in cash? The only truth, it seems, in the story is that Giddings was at the National.

My wish for the day is that Giddings (and 3 of his alternate ids) come on here and posts like the purple sticker guy did when he claimed he was stolen from.
This is exactly how I shop for cards. I take a look at the cases at the show, if one looks promising I catch the dealers attention. I take off my designer sunglasses for dramatic effect, ask him to hold my duffel bag, tell him it has 100 racks in two carefully marked boxes with 50fat ones in each, and then make my selections. The bag gets a bit heavy after awhile, so it’s nice that the dealers will hold it for me while I go through their inventory and then just leave for several hours. I like to keep some extra rubber bands on me too, I had one of my stacks snap when I was buying a Mint+ Carney Lunsford card once and it was a little embarrassing.