View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 09:13 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybuddyinc View Post
Just bored with the Winter, and I know a lot of members are having cabin fever, with all the snow around. So, I decided to "warm" everyone up with a "hope Springs eternal" OT thread.

How many, and which, minor league parks have you been to ??

I'm at 23, which I'm sure is a drop in the bucket to many, but I enjoy thinking about them (North to South):

Lowell
Norwich
Pawtucket / Old, pre-renovation
New Haven / Yale Field
Staten Island / Old Staten Island University Field
North Jersey / Late 1990's NYP, Augusta, NJ
Lakewood
Trenton / Ticket guy for five years
Reading / Greatest minor league organization, imo
Harrisburg / Island Park, in use sine 1880's
Columbus, OH
Memphis / spent a lifetime there one season
Wilmington, DE
Bowie
Greensboro / Old, old, old stadium
Winston-Salem
Hickory
Kannapolis
Charlotte
Columbia / worst stadium ever
Charleston, SC
Columbus, GA
Savannah / can't wait until season starts, Go Gnats !!!

Fun, Fun, Scott
Great post Scott! I love when these old threads get revived.
I worked as an intern for the New Britain Red Sox in the summer of 1991. The year after Bagwell left. Team was operated by Joe Buzas, who also owned Reading Phillies and Utah Buzz. I loved working for him. I only saw the home games at Beehive Field that year.

In 1992, I worked for the Auburn Astros of the NY Penn League. Falcon Park was THE worst ballpark in the Minors. The visitors clubhouse had a dirt floor, and many teams refused to set foot in that dungeon. As GM of the team, I was able to ride the bus with the team to other ballparks: Niagara Falls, Pittsfield, Geneva, Elmira, and a couple of others. Back in the early 90's, Major League Baseball hadn't put in the tough ballpark improvements yet, and many small town ballparks were iffy.

In 1995, I worked for the NJ Cardinals for 12 years at Skylands Park. I see a few people on this thread who listed attending games there. Thanks for going. I hope it was a good experience!