View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 06:53 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_cvc View Post
I’ve never attended before, but I am thinking about going to Chicago next year. For those of you that have been before, how long do you suggest going? Are there certain days that are better then other days to be there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I agree with scoping the place out taking pictures/notes of what you see and want to double back to.
Have a plan and stay focused.
As for the days to go. Depends on what you want to do. The Early days are great for finding the hardest/rarest/things you most want or need on your list. Because many of the items you are looking for might be gone by someone that came before you.
The prices are highest on the earliest days and dealers may make less deals (on Wed or THur) because they feel they have the full convention to sell their items. On Sat and Sundays as the National Show is coming closer to the end the prices and deals often get better but again selection is not as good.

IT also depends on the activities you intend to do both in the show and out of the show(since you are in Chicago for example) maybe you want to go to a ball game or something so depends the days they are playing.
Are you meeting with people if so what days they go may impact your plans.

I am going Wed thru Sat. I want the extra time. This year I did Wed, THur and Friday and was not enough time for me to meet people, meet dealers, have lunch with a few, and take my time to enjoy the show and all the details

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph