View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 06:19 PM
Al

Default Open for Bidding - Love of the Game Summer Premier Auction

Hi All:

I hope everybody is doing well, and that everyone is back from a great National.

Just a quick note to let you all know that the LOTG Summer, 2022 Premier Auction is now open for bidding. The closing date is August 20.

I'm really excited about this auction, because there's a ton of great prewar material you hardly ever see.

We've got a 520-card T206 set, the third one we've sold in the last year.

We have a host of excellent 19th Century material, including this gorgeous N173 King Kelly , a really cool 1887 Oshkosh cabinet with Frank Selee (maybe my favorite thing in the auction), and some great photos. And by all means, please check out the collection of glass plate negatives, many of which were used to create N172 and N173 cards. Even if you don't bid on them, they're incredible to look at, with amazing detail you don't see in the cards. In some cases you can actually see the legs of the studio backdrops!

We've got a host of really tough E99 and E100s, including an E100-2 Buck Weaver that you almost never see.

There are some great postcards, photos, and a TON of tough Exhibits from the 1920s right up to the really scarce 1953 Canadian Exhibits.

And for postwar vintage collectors, we're offering the #2 Roberto Clemente Master Set on the PSA Registry - just lots of great material there.

If you're so inclined, you can check out the whole auction here.

Good luck!

-Al