View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Thanks Bob. I kind of regret removing the majority of sports stamps from the binder because it was truly unique. There were 4, six panel pages in the album and one of the panels contained a DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig and Joe McCarthy stamp which is pretty cool in the same panel. There are also some great articles from the day, with several regarding Gehrig, DiMaggio and Dizzy Dean.

Since everyone has been so helpful with the Sports Stamps, maybe some members might help identify a couple of players in a photo I have. A few years ago I acquired several personal photos and ephemera that belonged to Jimmie Wilson. Wilson passed away in 1947. All the items were authentic and original from the period. The photo in question is a picture of Wilson, Bob Feller in uniform and 2 other people I just can't recognize. Maybe someone out there can assist. Maybe it needs to be a separate post, I'm not sure. Regardless, attached is the photo. I greatly appreciate any thoughts on who the other people are. I believe the photo was taken in Florida at a Spring Training session probably around 43-45 period. If this should be a different thread I apologize. Thanks.
Are you sure Bob Feller is in this photo? I don't see him; he was fighting WWII in 1943-45.