View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 03:23 PM
Doug Goodman

I used to occasionally hitchhike the 30 miles one way home from my junior college classes, depending on the schedule of the guy I sometimes rode to school with.

My most memorable attempt at hitchhiking was during what those of us who were there like to call "Doug's Big Adventure".

Short version - I was on tour with a band in Europe in 1985, and woke up in the back seat of a random car the morning after a show in Ridderkerk, The Netherlands. After making my way back to the venue that the band had performed in the previous night, only to find that nobody was there (not a surprise really, since the show had ended 12+ hours prior), I was attempting to hitchhike to Amsterdam (location of the show the next day) when the Dutch police stopped to inform me that hitchhiking was illegal in Holland. So I took the train.

Let my adventure be a lesson for those of you who plan to get completely stoned out of your mind on Turkish black hash (which has been known to have a hallucinatory effect on some) for the first (and maybe only) time in your life : don't wander off on your own...

Doug "now I'm tempted to hitchhike to spring training" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 03-21-2021 at 03:26 PM.