View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Steve Birmingham

Interesting concept, I sort of like it sort of don't.

I think the digital covers for the "binder" are really well done. Like REALLY. I might go back to binders for a few things if I could get real ones that nice affordably.

But........The inside Reminds me of the really cheap plastic binder I bought in 74 when I was starting to collect. It came with pages, 9 pocket side load and the outer and middle column faced each other. So tightly the cards rubbed because they stuck out.

The window blind texture of the "pages" and the way the cards sometimes get overlapped by each other..........

While the cover says "look at me I'm special" The interior says " Actually, I'm not all that special I'm some cards in holders glued to homemade scrapbook pages"

Both are really nice collections by the way. And they deserve a much better presentation.

And, to get it put of the way. I'm on SGC, and prefer them because of the no membership required business model. I like their display, and have since I started, but it has it's flaws as well. I'd have to check someone elses, but I think it isn't all that good at displaying backs. Either the scan has to be combined or it just can't or something.
But I also have a few PSA cards, and if I was doing more with modernish stuff I might go with them for those. (Plus cards from probably 3-4 other grading companies. )

Steve Birmingham