View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
I’d be interested in knowing the basis for the original thought of 1967. I guess there could’ve been other Willie Mays promotions with the same picture in different years. But with four boys in my family and everybody being a Willie Mays fan, I’d be surprised if that happened unknown to us. It’s not hard to imagine that they ordered a lot of pictures and all of them didn’t get handed out that day and signed by Mays. So they could’ve been passed out later in the various stores perhaps. And then the surplus filtered into the hobby over the years. Anyway it’s a good item and I’ve only known one other Collector that had one. Of course he was a big-time Willie Mays collector also. (Another reason I believe this is 1962 was because Mays also signed a baseball for me that day. It was a used ball with my name written on it in big red capital letters from my little league days. Still have it too.)
I found that on a description of an old eBay item on worthpoint. Literally cannot find anything anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EE5C3F80-DA4D-4AEB-96FE-BB19A01ED064.jpg (214.7 KB, 171 views)