View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Well I guess I qualify as hobby old fart now since I started collecting seriously in the late 1970s, though I did take a break when I was 15 for several years to pursue girls; I was better at the card collecting, by far. I've written two books on collecting: America's Great Boxing Cards and Exhibit And Related Sports Arcade Cards (which is about arcade cards), so those are two of my main interests. I helped edit the Standard Catalog's section on Exhibit cards. I've also written articles for various publications (VCBC, Old Cardboard, Sports Collectors Daily), co-promoted a few local card shows in sunny, er, smoky SoCal, and consulted for various auction houses. Also been to every National since 2004.

I'm primarily a card collector, always have been, but dabble in some memorabilia. My main foci are cards from the 1970s and my international boxing type card collection, which is well over 1,000 different types and continually growing. Also Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax and Al Rosen. In terms of memorabilia, I collect mostly boxing stuff related to Jewish boxers, Joe Louis, Benny Leonard and Manny Pacquiao.

I also hoard items related to two of my cousins who fought, Ray Miller (my avatar) and Benny Berris.

I also collect rock and roll autographs and a smattering of paper memorabilia related to bands I like.

Also comedian autographs; I have been a stand-up comedian for several years (currently on a COVID hiatus since all the clubs are closed and Zoom shows are just weird to me):

The last image is me at the 2016 Burbank Comedy Festival

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-16-2020 at 01:27 PM.