View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 06:48 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
I share both of your positions. I collect Young but have steered clear of this card, even pre-BSF. It's not Cy, it's Irv. I do collect the E90-1, E92, E101, etc...pose however. Not only do I like the color, but I do NOT believe it's Irv as many have suggested. Like many of the other players in those sets, the quality and attention to detail of the artwork is a bit lacking. But if you consider the eyebrows, ears, etc....it's no more Irv than Cy. It's like so many other Cy Young cards that really don't look like Cy Young. Let's face it, only one of his T206 cards looks anything like him.
I couldn't disagree more. That card looks absolutely nothing like Cy Young, but does bear a resemblance to Irv, especially the chin:
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.