View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default Important info re: eBay completed auction info

Posted By: honus3415

Anyone using an ebay sales history service might want to be aware of this fact.

I was doing a history search in ebay on sold items for a particular player. As I was looking through the results, I noticed a very low sale price. When I looked at the listing I noticed the item had been sniped and the true final sale price was more than double the listed results for the item in my ebay search results. I had noticed this on occassion before but being I don't put a great deal of emphasis on past sales results without being able to see the actual item, I let it ride. I have not researched this to any degree to find out how isolated or widespread this problem may be, but this was one instance I could readily check tonight which had ended within the last 15 days.

But based on this fact you might want to be a bit leery of the information you are getting, where you're getting it from and how you use it. If ebay can't get it right, who's to say the information they are passing to others doesn't include these errors and more.

Like the old saying, "If you want it done right, do it yourself."

Digest those numbers and when you finally find that bargain, chances are there's a reason it was a bargain.

Good Luck All