View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Default Why more Reprints?

Posted By: warshawlaw

I agree that it belongs in a reprint section, not a vintage section, but you'd have to be a complete idiot not to understand from the listing that it is a reprint of the card, so I don't have a problem with the listing.

Raises an interesting issue, though. Say I want to sell one of the Burt Sugar books with the classic cards reprinted in it. I know that my most likely buyer is someone who likes the old cards but can't afford them. Odds are that person cruises the vintage sections. Can I list that item in the vintage section without risking the wrath of the board? How about one of the Frisch reprint sets of T3 cards? Would that be a legit listing? How about an N28 or N162 card of a non-baseball player. I see these listings all the time and I find them quite interesting and helpful since I can't search every nook and cranny of ebay every day. Do we crack down on these people too?

It seems to me that part of the problem is that ebay isn't as knowledgeable or responsive to the real world needs of collectors as it should be. I and my cronies regularly email ebay to ask for a boxing card section, to no avail, despite the presence of several thousand boxing cards in the "other" cards and boxing memorabilia sections. They have Australian FB, for crissakes, but not boxing? Also, why don't we have a baseball postcard section? Why are sports postcards relegated to the general postcards section?