Thread: Crappy hitters!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 03:45 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
How can there be so many crappy hitters in the Majors today. You got guys hitting 160, 170, 180, Playing as starters every day. You mean to tell me that there are no better hitters in the minors. Most of these guys swing at pitches so far out of the strike zone that I can't believe it. Do they all need glasses or better training? It's sad to watch.
the Game has become hyper specialized, resulting in a terrible offensive product. 98,99 MPH fastballs with devastating breaking pitches are now the norm. Most guys are putting everything into every pitch because most guys, nowadays, aren't going the distance. Pitchers are throwing harder and not working as deep into games which means hitters have less of a chance to pick up and get used to a guy.

3 true outcomes has taken over the game as well. Homeruns, strikeout and walks are the only things that matter. Slap hitters don't exist anymore, they've been deemed obsolete. I hate the onfield product, it's borderline unbearable and games are longer because of it. And more expensive to boot! Can't take a family to an afternoon game nowadays unless you have hundreds of dollars to spend!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.