View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 06:09 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejstel View Post
I am not ready to see the light (pun intended) of salvation!...that Baylor is soooo dark.

I just can't accept that cheap Topps printers never ran out of yellow....even with all the stuff we've seen in this thread...never no yellow? Whoever sold yellow ink to Topps (always stocked up)...lived in a big house on a hill.

Butch...leave that Stroud in the sun!

Ed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Please look at this from a different perspective. By your reasoning that some aloof worker allowed the yellow run to happen with no yellow ink, then there should be multiple other cards from this sheet that would normally have either green or yellow letters but due to the missing yellow would then have either blue lettering or white lettering instead.

In my 40+ years of collecting, I have not come across, either personally or seen through forums such as this, other cards from this sheet missing their yellow run. Not to say they have not been out there for years, and just not uncovered. However, logic would dictate that sometime over the past 51 years some astute collector would have pointed these yellow-less cards out to the rest of the hobby...as far as I know, they have not.

Bottom line is if the Baker is legit, there should be other yellow-less cards out there.

Now, watch in the next month or so, they'll be a plethora of yellow-less 71s pop out of the woodwork (after 51 years of not being discovered).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg three-1971-topps-baseball-uncut-sheets-2.jpg (140.3 KB, 247 views)