View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 AM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Price gouging? Seriously? So you are privy to the promoter's books or the restrictions they might be under?

One big thing to consider: The capacity limitation for this show is 1000. What was the previous capacity limitation? Assuming previously 2000, they would have needed to double the previous entry price to have the same ticket income this time. If the previous limit was 5000, then the ticket income to the promoter (assuming all tickets sold) is effectively the same this time as it was for previous shows.

To put it as simple case, how is it price gouging if you have 1000 tickets available at $25 each or 5000 tickets available at $5 each? I'm not saying whether this is the case or not, just that you don't have enough facts to make that claim.
The show in October 2020 was 1000 capacity as well. There was no waiting to get inside at that show. The only "waiting" was lining up outside before the show started each day. For that October weekend, I did not find the show busy except for Friday evening. It was extremely easy to social distance at that time. There was no waiting at tables to look at product. I was told because of no autograph guests, that attendance was down over previous years. I would assume that is the case this time as well. Also, the market was "hot" in October as it has been the last 7 months.

From the show in October and from a business perspective, it makes sense to charge more on Fridays. That was the bulk of the people last time and will probably be this time.