View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 06:08 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

What he said. I'm not sure why Beckett saw the need to jump into photo authentication without (apparently) proper training or knowledgeable staff. If you ask me, the obvious mistakes that were (are?) being made did nothing but tarnish their "brand" with respect to grading/authenticity.

I do not think their encapsulation would add any value for an experienced photo collector, though they might get a slight bump from a newbie/crossover card collector who recognizes the name from card grading. If you're the newbie, I think you'd be better served spending a little time learning the basics rather than putting blind faith in whoever they have authenticating photos.

P.S. I say all that having never submitted a photo for authentication. I have had photos encapsulated by both PSA and Beckett though, and found the Beckett photos a tough sell largely because of the inflated shipping cost required to mail those giant slabs

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 10-07-2015 at 06:13 PM.