View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 11:01 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Hi Ted, I started with coins at 3 years old. I had a pink plastic piggy bank with the plastic cap on the bottom. I've always been into numbers and math my whole life. I'd empty my pennies out and look at them. I noticed that many had different numbers on them and some also had letters under the numbers. So I decided to see how many different ones I could find. I didn't know I was coin collecting until like a year later when I had my pennies all in order on the floor in my room and a friend of my mom's said, I didn't know you were a coin collector, so by 4 years old I had a name to what I was doing. Nobody in my family collected anything, except for my grandfather that lived a thousand miles away, and only saw him a week out of a year or two, for maybe ten times. He collected old steam engines that he'd restore and mount all the different types onto a custom trailer he built, and would travel around the country during the summer months, and display them at engine shows. So I probably got the collecting and mechanical gene from him.

Next came stamps when I was 6, then cards and comic books when I was 7.

In my teen years, I started collecting girlfriends named Jennifer. That went on for a while.

Then in my 20's and up, I was collecting Camaro Z28's and Rally Sports pre 1982. Also, everything that's needed for a custom performance shop, along with vinyl decals and ceramic & powder coatings. Currently everything has been sitting in storage because jobs were coming in slower, and most people were not spending like they used to. So I temporarily closed my 30k sqft business 9 months before covid hit.

I still collect everything, even though I've been trying to consolidate everything the past ten years. My biggest concern is I have no kids, and I'm basically the last person in my family legacy. Plus the big 50 hits this year. Ouch. Just like how many want to buy Ted's collection, many want me to adopt them.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11