View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Las we’ve gotten through the worst of it hopefully and slowed the curve in the initial stages when the world really did look like a dark place, doesn’t it ease the conspiracy theories to know that even the bluest states have eased or eradicated mandates?
I cannot possibly answer a question about the inner thoughts of conspiracy theorists (do we mean people who might not agree with you? Actual conspiracists that believe the disease is not real?). I would think walking back closer and closer to what the people who treated this like a bad flu and went about their normal lives said when it started is not a win for those in favor of heavy lockdowns and measures. I have advocated no conspiracy theory; I used the CDC’s own data to calculate that my risk was beyond minuscule, and then just lived my normal life to the vocal outrage (at best) of my neighbors.

Compliance with the narratives has been greatly hurt this year in blue states. Even here in California, as far left and compliant to government orders as anywhere in the US, maybe ~25% followed the last mask mandate we had recently that was dropped after so few bought it into it this time. I don’t know what that means to conspiracy theorists feelings and thoughts.

One side should not make the mistake of seeing everything as an evil conspiracy, and the other of seeing all dissent as belief in conspiracies. The sales pitch for Covid hysteria was never in line with the CDC’s own statistics and death rate estimates for people below 70 or 80. It does not take a conspiracy theory to realize that a survival rate above 99.9% for one’s age group does not pose a big risk and that participating in the hysteria is questionable.