View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 08:15 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Every (Post) Number Deserves a Record

This is a thread ladder. Each post on the forum has number. If you post on this thread, your post must contain a record equal to the number of the post. Let's see how high we can go. Pictures are preferred in the post, but are not mandatory. To demonstrate these simple rules let's get started with the first number

1. The number of perfect games in World Series history.

Who's next? Number 2 should not be too difficult.

Edit: I think Johnny Vander Meer would be a better answer for #2

Good lord the thread has been corrupted in 3 posts. I really thought it would last longer than that.

For low information forum members the post number is the little white number on the blue background in the upper right corner of each post.

Please note that I am commenting on the progress of this thread in the first post to preserve the integrity of the concept described in the rules.

I have a feeling this post will grow considerably.

My edits do not change the post number. No extraneous comments on this thread please.

Please understand that we now have 4 posts and still no record for #3 and #4.

Oy vey.

You are by all means welcome to edit posts that are not compliant with the rules,

no criticism or apologetic posts are appropriate.

Rules violations are piling up and are too numerous to mention individually, but you know who you are or not.

The forum members are a bell shaped curve and overall I would give a grade of C collectively to all of you at this point. Some of you though will have to stay after school at the chalkboard and write

"I promise to understand the rules of a thread before posting and apologize for my egregious violations."

Repeat 99 times (that's 100 in all). If you need more chalk, just holler.

For those of you in the lower half of the bell curve, you might consider a job in politics.

Title clarified.

Peter Spaeth continues to do an excellent job pointing out omissions without realizing that each time he posts, he is causing the problem he is pointing out, sort of like a merry-go-round.

Peter must be listening to Brittany Spears "Whoops he did it again"
A response #52 to his post violation #41 creates another gap. 41 and 52 have been added to the gap list. Thanks Peter.

Pete Rose had 15890 plate appearances, so we have a ways to go.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 07-05-2022 at 06:32 PM.