View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by baradayo View Post
Here's the back of the Butter and a Caramel. Caramels are definitely rougher.
Define "fat city"? Is the concern the color of the background? Would fakes have been made 60 years ago?
Fat City: (slang) an easy and prosperous condition or circumstance (per dictionary.com)
To the best of my knowledge fakes are a more recent phenomenon. The color of your card's background is less problematic on consideration of the PSA8 exemplar. Your scan is too small and blurry to assess anything else such as that funky light vertical line at the right border, paper texture etc. My concern is the general skepticism one develops after participating on this board for seven years and watching one huckster after another tout bogus cards. Am I calling you a huckster? No. Once in a while someone like Skydash comes along with the real deal. You might be another Skydash. I don't know. Anyway the question you posed concerned how best to market the cards and not whether some insomniac dickhead such as myself thought they were real or not. You've gotten some thoughtful answers from some wise folks. I will therefore back away from this discussion with a parting comment that the PSA8 at one time traded for over $200,000 - an aberration to be sure, but a good working example of "fat city".

Last edited by Kawika; 12-29-2010 at 10:25 AM.