Thread: A First for me
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default A First for me

Posted By: Bob

Jerry- I sent them to GAI who used UPS only and not USPS registered mail. I always use USPS registered mail to send the cards to GAI, SGC and PSA and PSA and SGC use the same service to return my cards. I have used GAI several times since without any problems. It was UPS that was responsible as I tracked the shipment in and out of several stops before it got to Little Rock, its final destination before coming west to my home. The package, according to the web site, went in to the LR center but never emerged.
I did have the cards insured with 2 problems though: 1) anyone collecting E98s knows how tough it is to find certain cards like Coombs, Tenney, Vaughn, Walsh, Mack, etc. They just pop up very rarely and 2) I had a nice Clarke with an "Old Put" stamp on the back that I massively underinsured when totalling up the values. I have never seen another except for Leon's blue one which is coincidentally the only known Old Put card with a blue front. That was my goof on not realizing how rare and thus expensive this card was. If anyone ever sees a Clarke Old Put for sale, please email me. I don't think the thief would be dumb enough to sell it in the GAI holder so it would probably be raw or even in another holder.
Bob