View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 05:45 PM
Todd Schultz

Great ideas and showings thus far. I’m sure it will become a matter of refocus, which I have done beaucoup times over the years, so I’m familiar with the process (if not very good at it).

I recently won an auction for a 1962 NBA playoff game between the Pistons and Lakers, because for some unknown reason I have always liked the Pistons and this one had West, Baylor and Gene Shue. That brings my basketball memorabilia collection up to one item. I like nearly all the pre-war minor league sets, and the foreign ones hold interest too– I have a handful of Victor Starffin cards.

Phil, that is a gorgeous Gibson, and $300 is well within reason– heck I can see spending ten times that for a card----very sparingly
Alan, cold ones in Chicago next year. I will probably keep it simple, with no microbrews and no description beyond light or dark.
The stuff mentioned and shown is attractive, although I will confess that collecting cards like Brian’s partial Mono would be an acquired taste for me.

Anyway, here are a few more I have somehow not lost or sold, starting with Starffin:

Each of these were selected not only for type, but because of the player.

Here are some HOFers that I bought for type:

If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.