View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

I understand your sentiment Todd, love the Fenway Baker btw. The advantage I find in collecting cards over 100 year period is that I can always find cards that interest me, sometimes my budget allows for higher dollar purchase, sometimes not. I get just as excited about a small purchase as I do a large one if its a card I want in my collection.

I actually find it cathartic when I lose an auction, case in point, I lost a card last night that I really wanted in my collection, but that card wasn't meant for me at this time and congrats to the winner. I made a run at it and stopped a little above what I was willing to pay for it and that's okay, I'm no better or worse this morning except I do have a little more money in the bank to put towards my next purchase than if I would have won last night. You just have to find something in this hobby that makes you fulfilled and interested.

There were what I consider nice bargains in last nights auction, while I was focused on my strategy to win that one card, I missed out on bidding before the deadline on this one, which I think is just a beautiful baseball card and would have loved to have it in my collection. It went for $300 with the vig and while not inexpensive, it would not have broken the bank.
-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gibson.jpg (185.5 KB, 1065 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 08-15-2022 at 12:16 PM.