View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE..Group of 36 subjects (350 Series) that are CB, EPDG, OM, PB NO-PRINTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post

The second thing is there are 136 Polar Bears in the 350 Print Group. 2 of them being Demmitt and O'Hara STL. By using the 12 card row, some of them would have been possibly double printed or short printed. 11 different sheets would equal 132 cards. Would they have made a 12th sheet for the other 2 cards and double print 10 other cards, or short print the 11th sheet to add the last 2 cards and make 4 short print cards. Then after some time, maybe replace 2 of those 4 short prints with the Demmitt and O'Hara to make 2 super short prints? Just a crazy thought.

Ron
I seldom (if ever) differ with you; however, my research places the St Louis variations of Demmitt and O'Hara in the 350/460 series print group. I note this in Post #134 in this thread.

Apparently, American Litho (ALC) started their first press run of the PB cards circa Summer of 1910. This 1st print run of PB backs was on approx. 136 subjects of the 350-only series.
Followed by the 2nd print run (circa Summer/Fall of 1910) of PB backs on the 66 subjects of the 350/460 Series. It's my contention, that ALC printed the Demmitt and O'Hara St Louis variations in this PB press run.

Check-out my concept of a 72-card sheet arrangement* of the Sovereign 66 subjects (apple-green backs) which I like to refer to as the "phantom 350/460 series".

Consider the following...…
Joe Doyle & Bob Rhoades (POLAR BEAR No-Prints) retired prior to this POLAR BEAR press run. So, those 2 guys are removed and replaced by Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations.

v------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------v Joe Doyle v (below Cobb)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------^ Rhoades ^ (above Wilhelm)

I arrived at this theory by comparing Pop Report data of Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations with subjects in the 350 series vs the 350/460 series. The population numbers
overwhelmingly suggest that the Demmitt and O'Hara (St Louis) variations fit in with the 350/460 print group numbers.

* Note I have shown the 6 super-prints Double-Printed on this arrangement because several large surveys have indicated as such.

TED Z