View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 01:43 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Like everything in life, it's about context.

Someone buys a card priced low or poorly listed on eBay or the BST, and flips it for a profit. No problem with this at all.

A 30 year old Gary Vee stan lines up at Wal-Mart in his flip flops 6 hours before they open to buy every blaster, creating an artificial shortage to drive prices up and not allow other people to get packs in the modern hobby without paying a huge markup to the folks essentially holding the supply hostage. He's allowed to do this, but it's a **** move.

A collector sees a card I have and emails me, asking if I can let it go to him. He's building the set, and it would mean more to him than it does to me. I pay it forward, let him have it at a buyer friendly place, doing a solid for a fellow collector I have a positive interaction with as many gentlemen have done for me over the years. 2 months later I see my former card on eBay with an INVEST emoji in the title. He's allowed to do this, but its a **** move.

If one behaves with honesty and a smidgeon of class, all will end well and little thought will need to be put into these things.