View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Nolans ERA+ of 112 is the stat for his entire career. Nolan had 14 seasons when his ERA+ was below 112. You probably think thats phenomenal too, right?

Tommy John basically accomplished the same career stat 26 years and 111 ERA+ and he can't even get in the HOF. Is that phenomenal? Or amazing? Or unheard of?
Yes, he had some years better and some years below his career average. Like literally every single pitcher in baseball history who played more than a year or two. If you rank Ryan by his worst seasons he sucks. No shit.

I already answered paragraph 2 earlier about John. I have no idea why you think “unheard of” is a synonym for “phenomenal”. I already linked you to the dictionary earlier. Literally no player in history had a career that is “unheard of”. This is an absurd red herring.

I get it. Nolan is overrated. I’ve annoyed a few people here saying it too. But I don’t see a reasonable argument that he wasn’t phenomenal. Ripken, Jeter, they are also overrated and had phenomenal careers You haven’t made an argument, you just claim I said things I didn’t say and then say this statement you invented is wrong. We can debate where the boundary should be. We can debate his career. But you just keep making things up and claiming I said things I did not say. It’s a public transcript, we can all read it. Argue on the strength of your own argument instead of inventing arguments to argue against that were not made by anyone.