Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 04:13 PM

Default Evinrude

Here's today's snag at Alameda...It’s a great consolation prize for getting outbid today on the double sided Dodge Boats sign below....I thought I had a decent crack at it with an $1100.00 bid...ha!...went for $6200.00...the other boat signs in the same auction went for big money too...It was a learning excursion for me...I knew boat stuff was curiously high for as obscure as it is...but apparently not as obscure as I thought...and I'm not the only one that likes the stuff...Dodge...Hacker...Chris-Craft...and Gar Wood are basically the biggest names in early powerboat racing....would have been nice to get the Dodge...That Evinrude is quite remarkable though...not powerboat racing but too good to pass up...you don't usually find stuff that caliber at Alameda...Usually things that good go in a brick and mortar...The seller knew the history of the poster...said he got it from the family of someone who worked at the Schreiber establishment that sold Evinrudes on Tomales Bay in Marin County, north of the Golden Gate Bridge...referenced on the bottom the poster...and I found a photos online of the business...I think the seller said the building is an historic landmark or something...Useless information...Drakes Bay where we used to cut school and go to isn't far from there...

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 04-08-2022 at 11:32 AM.