Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 11:27 AM

Default Who was Tim Callahan

This was always one of my favorite posts...so I'm rehashing it here
Originally posted February 25th 2014

photo LSTimCallahanD_zpsb9769e8c.jpg

I picked up this Lucky Strike trolley car sign this last November from fellow board member WillowGrove, thank you Peter!....I actually had seen it about 6 months prior on eBay and when it got past $100.00 or so I bailed because of the condition...mostly forgot about it until one day I saw it in the Net54 BST section...Peter and I arm wrestled over a month I think it was...and we finally made the deal...It was a partial trade and cash deal but the total dollar amount was quite a bit more than the $100 I bowed out at on eBay...but it just kept speaking to me...Regardless of the condition where would I ever find another Lucky Strike trolley with an Ivy League football player from 1919...it really was my kind of piece...So what the hay I finally bit the bullet...

It wasn't like there was a lot of background on Callahan...I had to do some digging...Once I found the Times Square photo below I started thinking...who is this guy...20 years old...has his mug plastered on Times Square!...Employed as a national advertising vehicle...Yes he was the Yale football Captain but I couldn't find anything really extraordinary...then when I read about his blue blood Boston heritage and all...dating Rose Fitzgerald (later Rose Kennedy)...I think maybe he was just hooked up with the right crowd...Then I was curious what ever happened to him...Went on to a career lawyering first for the Justice Department fighting for prohibition...then later with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a prosecutor...So now I just have to get it restored!...

photo LuckyStrikeTim_zpsc39c0dd8.jpg

photo LuckyStrikeTimCallahanSignCloseRed_zps4dfc6b33.jpg

photo JohnT1_zps20e3209b.jpg

photo CallahanBrothersYalevsPrinceton_zpsd50d5c6b.jpg

photo TeamBlue_zpsce002f79.jpg

photo Scores_zps0aabae6c.jpg

photo FloridaSighting_zpscbe7073d.jpg

photo 1_zps389a3a13.jpg
 photo 2_zps82ab8a38.jpg
 photo 3_zpsa9de9c1c.jpg

photo R1_zpsf7a86bbc.jpg
 photo R2_zps3f7a3c7c.jpg
 photo R3_zps6589917c.jpg

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 02-28-2022 at 11:50 AM.