View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 07:34 PM
Jason B.

I guess the cheeky but also correct answer would be high-grade E98's, but that is obviously due to forces outside of the larger market.

Since the seismic early-Pandemic shift in prices, we've had 2 major price corrections -- one in late 2020, and again around March/April 2021. We're clearly not headed below pre-Pandemic prices again, but I don't blame anyone who feels a bit seasick. I've changed my buying behavior several times with different card types during the last 18 months as a result.

Although vintage and PreWar Baseball makes up most of my collection, I also have deep interest in vintage Basketball, as well as other sports and also some non-sport. I've laid off buying whatever felt overheated at time, and sold/traded my spares selectively. Right now, vintage Basketball is seriously cratering, and so I've started poking around there again for my long-term needs -- even though we may not be at the bottom there. 80's and newer is also getting hammered, and so I've even started cautiously buying a few truly key Modern cards here and there.

To each his/her own, and collect with whatever risk tolerance you have in this market.
|
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)

Last edited by ZiggerZagger; 11-27-2021 at 07:35 PM.