View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Does frustrated with USPS signature confirmation also count? Fortunately, this story ends well:
Reached out to a member here about a card for sale, and he was very willing to work on a deal. Done in no time, card shipped promptly and with signature confirmation. I followed the tracking and saw it was schedule to arrive (on time) Tuesday evening. But when the carrier arrived at my house, no delivery. A single magazine and he's off, I couldn't even catch him.
I was perplexed and more than a little annoyed. Shortly after, I check the status and it reads "Delivered" and signed by a "S Wanson." And just as I was about to really get upset, I hear another noise out on the porch. There, along with another magazine, was the package. Card here safe and sound.
I know of no "S Wanson" in the neighborhood, so I'm wondering if the carrier signed for it himself after forgetting to deliver it. If so, that's pretty awful (although I know from other threads that this happens). If not, still pretty awful.
Shout out to sox1902wschamp for being a great seller - and the best packaging I think I've seen.
And in keeping with Leon's tradition that every thread needs a card, here's the new addition to my collection:
Similar story here. I made a purchase from a board member and it was sent Certified with signature confirmation. It arrived quickly, no complaints there, but I got an email from USPS telling me that it had been "Delivered, Left with Individual" a few minutes ago. Since I was right by the front door and heard nothing, I was quite concerned. I was lucky enough to catch the postal carrier outside before he left my street. He told me that his supervisor authorized him to sign for it himself and leave it in the mailbox (which is locked) due to COVID. Signature confirmation was pretty worthless in this case. I do wonder what he would have done if I didn't have a locked mailbox.