View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Unique Antique CAR(ds).....Show us your "One of a Kind" T206(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Ted, here's an old picture of the backs from 5 or 6 years ago. I have been able to upgrade many of the cards with back damage. For the ones I have, there are all types of back damage, usually dime size in the middle from album removal. Most of the ones I have are clean backs.

Rob

Thanks for displaying all the cards in your set. It looks like you have only about couple of cards with what I refer to as the "typical paper loss" like my 4 cards shown here.

Here's my theory on why these T213 cards have this type of paper loss. The American Tobacco Co. (ATC) introduced the "COUPON" brand circa 1909-1910. ATC packaged
these cigarettes in Cartons (11" x 3" x 2") containing approx. 200 cigarettes. American Litho issued these 1910 COUPON cards in the Spring/Summer of 1910.
Some cards were inserted inside the cartons, and others were pasted on the outside of the cartons.

Here are 4 of my 1910 COUPON cards that exhibit this paper loss. My "show-piece" is the Doolan card, as it exposes cardboard residue from the Cigarette carton which it
was glued on. The back of this Doolan card appears to confirm my above stated theory.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists

Last edited by tedzan; 12-15-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.