View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 07:53 AM
J0sh.ua Le0nard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBall View Post
If anybody really thought my comment was a statement in the belief that Russia has truly free elections, well I have a nice T206 Wagner to sell you together with the Brooklyn Bridge.

A baseball card forum is not the place that people go to for serious political discourse. Unfortunately too many people vote for and root for the success of political leaders as if they are baseball teams -- where you support your chosen uniform no matter what.

And before anybody assumes I support one party unfailingly, know that I am a registered Independent who has voted for candidates from different parties depending on their platforms.

Stop just rooting solely for laundry and a symbol of a donkey or an elephant. Unless it's Yankee pinstripes or Packer Green and gold or Giants blue or whatever sports team you suppport. Then, by all means, go nuts.

I visited this thread to read how people were reacting to economic realities, in terms of sports card collecting. For the most part, that's what I got and I appreciate the different opinions about how prices will be impacted. The political stuff is a different story.
This is how I feel 100%! What I have learned this past decade is that in order to stop this political insanity we (starting with "me") have to stop rooting for politicians like fanboys...our side, your side BS. I have chosen to completely tune out the "politics as theater" side of things. Until we all do this, there will be a market for our body politic to continue as they have been; like actors in kabuki theater.

If we all tune out to the "politics as entertainment" industry, politicians can go back to being boring bureaucrats, getting work done on behalf of all people.

Get with the 20s...rooting for political parties is over. Let's stop talking about it (I realize I am here).

That all being said, I do think the ME (Sauds, UAE) have more to do with the current oil issue than anything else. They have favorites in the west.

Edit to add: Some of my favorite people have completely opposite political views than I do...some people I detest have the same views. So I don't engage on political views bc life is better without doing so.

Last edited by joshleon; 03-09-2022 at 07:54 AM.