View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default MEARS effort to help clean up the hobby. REA signs on.

Posted By: Joann

Great points Frank. I guess I should make something clear at least as to my position.

I definitely think that there are very good auction houses out there. Whether one signs on to the MEARS policy or not does not mean they are or are not honorable to deal with. Certainly Barry is the lead case in point on this board, and I also have high regard for Huggins and Scott along with others.

My going with REA only in 08 is not, repeat and emphasize not, any indication that I think all others are of lesser ethical behavior. Far from it. I actually hold a few of the non-signers in higher regard than REA (and that's pretty high).

It's a matter of me having found one small thing that I can do. I want to support MEARS in this policy, and REA for having signed on. My contribution is not much, but to me it is 100% because I've finally identified a way that I can do ... something.

And as to the merits of the policy, I agree with some of the concerns and analyses that there may be some bobbles in what it is and how it will be implemented. But perfect or not, MEARS is the first to do something and I'm getting behind that. It may not be perfect, but it's actually pretty good. If we all waited for perfect, nothing would ever get done or move forward.

So it's my way of being comfortable with myself and feeling like I am at least trying. It's not at all an indication of my views on non-signers to the policy.

J