Thread: D304 Question
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default D304 Question

Posted By: robert a

Hi Richard.

My Chase "traded" is a general baking brand and as you can see Leon's is a Marten's. I would think they're available under all 5 backs, but can't confirm that. It's possible that some bakeries didn't insert the cards into the loafs in the latter years.

It would be interesting to know whether or not some of the other 25 players in the set besides chance, evers, crandall, herzog, and chase were traded in between the years 1911 and 1914 which would make it possible that they would pop up as "traded." But, seems unlikely since the 5 traded cards make the set an even 30.

These babies are usually referred to as Brunners, but the 5 backs all refer to General Baking in some way or another which tells me that General Baking Co. was over the Weber Bakery, Martens Bakery, Fleishman Bakery, and Brunners in Buffalo. Butter Krust was a certain type of bread.

0verall, each card is rare enough to where it's very difficult to determine whether or not the traded examples or more difficult than the regular examples. We do know, however, that certain players are much more difficult than others.

robert a