View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 10:03 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Thank you for the reply!

I should also add, though I lurk more than I post on this forum, this set was built mainly through acquisitions made here at Net54. I contribute the credit for majority of the set to a few good sellers here and a bit of luck in my favor.

Though acquiring the cards will be a tough pill to swallow financially, I am concerned with short term value as I know once the set is as complete as I’d like it to be, I will likely choose to move onto another pursuit. I wish I was able to hold everything but I know that I just can’t tie up that kind of resources.

So, a redirect to anyone else who may be reading, should I go “all in” to acquire the remaining pieces and feel confident that I made the sum of the whole greater than the individual parts of this set? Keep in mind, we are talking 6 cards that will cost the equivalent of a small SUV.

CK
If you are just going to sell it, there is little point in finishing. The general money trend is that superstars get pumped periodically before leveling off, and then the pump starts again. Set collectors are less and less common, and generally like building the set. It might be a good bye to try and buy the Ruths and Gehrigs for future profit, but not as part of a set so much.