View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 03:05 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by japhi View Post
Sorry but the overall marketplace is not strong, the cards that trade the most are trending down. Lots of examples pre 86, and almost every modern BBK is way down save for the super rare stuff.

Case in point, Dr. J PSA9 RC peak 57k, last two sold under 20K. I follow hockey. Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman RC's all way off highs. Lemieux RC is a key card, top 10-20 in the hobby and is more then 50% off highs.

Broadly the market is getting crumpled, even if some segments and highly desirable cards are trading well. And IMO we have only started, based on the fact most don't seem to understand what is going on.....broadly.

And FWIW, I'm not a card investor so I'm neutral on this stuff. If anything I see this as highly positive, I don't want my hobby to be a speculators paradise. But it feels like 1990 to me, things will likely get much worse (or better depending on your perspective) from here on as trillions evaporates from financial markets.
Another one is getting it +1

Only thing I will say is you can't use major auction houses as a gauge on the current state of collector grade cards in this market. That's all AH's are White Collar Buyers
EBAY BST IN PERSON SHOWS are mostly Blue Collar Collectors. Just my two cents

Last edited by Johnny630; 05-19-2022 at 03:06 PM.