View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default Broker Obligation

Posted By: Marc S.

If you sell raw cards - you have to be willing to accept returns for Eternity?!

Isn't that a bid ridiculous, Andy? There is so much that can be done to a card after it leaves the seller that there is virtually no way to assure that it has not been funked with after the seller shipped the card. Much of the trimming that takes place in the hobby today is trimming of 1/32" or less on a single edge of a card.

The seller provided ample scans - and I think Will would have readily refunded the card had it come up within 4-6 weeks of the end of the auction. But once you say that a raw card must come with a "lifetime guarantee of authenticity" or some garbage like that - the only way a seller can ensure nothing has been done after-the-fact is if the card is encapsulated in a tamper-proof container. Which is all a graded-card holder is, at its essence.

Yes - the description on the item does talk about looking at the card under magnification. But the buyer had the same opportunity to look at it under the same magnification after buying. I think the seller has made initiatives here to resolve the situation - but a 100% refund after 4 months just doesn't strike me as reasonable.