View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 11:06 PM
Curt

I have found that promotional photos, made or used specifically for a player appearance, to be extremely difficult to find later. I have searched Steve Garvey appearances online for example and have seen several different signings with stacks of photos shown in a picture; from that event and were being given away at that time and yet never seen even one offered for sale (on ebay at least).

I realize that most people getting a freebie at a signing are going to keep them, but you'd think some would make their way to market eventually. I have a few other photos that I have only seen once or twice in 20+ years of online collecting.

Maybe this Brett was a promotional image that was used for an appearance and is similar in nature to what I describe above. It is also possible it was a company perk (Brett signs a few and they are given away to top employees or a raffle) or maybe a prototype made up for the ad that was signed and kept by an employee. Lots of mysteries like that that only the right people know the answer and sometimes that answer goes to the grave with them, I bet.