View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Steve Birmingham

Paypal pretty much sucks.

I had my email hacked and someone sent two payments to wherever. about 800 total.
Filed the claim, and was denied because the transactions were "normal for me" Umm... no, thy weren't. I've never sent someone overseas 400 without it being a purchase.

Had to shut it all down and go through my bank, which meant a wait of about 60 days while they "investigated". I actually had to wait until the charges had gone through before I could complain to the bank.

Get stuff sorted, or so we thought, different email, had it happen again. We had set up two tier authentication, but the text came through at 3AM, and they timed it out and allowed the transaction to authorize without it after maybe an hour.
File the claim, sorry, "not fraudulent" but then they reversed one of the payments. This crew was a bit smarter, as they deleted the email saying there'd been a payment, so I didn't know it had happened for a day, when we got a text notice from the bank.

So basically, I don't trust the antivirus/anti malware software we have, don't trust the computer anymore, and have had Paypal shut down since May/June.

Paypal is inherently insecure, and doesn't do anything when there's been a problem.

Steve Birmingham