View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Default Dont look...live auction! But...brown???

Posted By: Dennis W.

I had a bad experience with cards from this seller and their feedback isn't exactly stellar:

http://tinyurl.com/367t5n

They are an ebay drop seller. I'm finding that scammers are starting to use the drop sellers to protect themselves. The drop seller may or may not know anything about what they're selling and probably take the consignor's word as to what the item is. Notice that this seller has been hit with negatives for selling reproductions and misrepresenting items. Think about it, what better way to sell raw altered/rejected cards than to use a novice drop seller? The consignor would likely get paid long before the buyer gets his reject flip back from the grading company. He gets hit with a 25% commission but still comes out ahead and has no feedback worries. Heck, even a dishonest NARUed former ebay seller with rotten feedback can still sell on ebay using a drop seller. This doesn't mean that I think the subject cards are no good - I just think that they are at least misrepresented. I'd ask a lot of questions before bidding because these could be altered and/or have paper loss that don't show in the pics.