View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
I'm not sure if these officially qualify as scrap, but they seem like they'd be of interest to some people here. I don't know exactly what's up with the ragged right edges. Fullenwider could just be a regular card that got torn, but on closer inspection maybe not, given that at its widest point it's just about as wide as the regular T209-1 in my collection. Walsh is definitely wider at the top and the bottom than a regular T209-1, and it has an uneven left border, all suggesting that it was cut from a strip, or maybe a sheet -- the top and bottom edges also look uneven, now that I look more closely. On the back, Walsh has what looks like a wet-sheet transfer of the bottom half of the blue color from Booles in the same set, while Fullenwider has a factory stamp -- I'm not sure how common those are.

So, all you wet-sheet-transfer and scrap fans, what do I have here? I bought these cards as a pair years ago, cheap, because they were represented as badly damaged.

I heard there were 3 of the T209-1s with the blue wet sheet transfer on back and yours might be the other one . It would go great with my two if you ever decide to sell.....I am your guy. Thanks for sharing, and yes those 2 have good value, though it's hard to say exactly how much.