View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 03:37 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks14sr View Post
Sorry to hear that, as that couldn’t have been a cheap transaction. I’d still say something, as there are certain expectations with those types of buys. If disclosure of condition and details were held back, I wouldn’t let that slide.

I’m also curious who this was from, as we probably go through some of the same sources for our cards. I’m chasing all the expensive stuff in my 52 high set, so I’m nervous of running into the same.

Thanks,
Bill
After thinking about it a little more (and looking back again at what I was shown), it wouldn't be quite right for me to bring anything up with the seller. He never hid anything or made any false claims about condition. And even though the pics of the commons weren't that big, if I'd asked for larger photos to learn more, he would have been quite likely to provide whatever I wanted ahead of time. Also, the prices weren't really out of line for what I did get.

Plus, after looking back at the (somewhat larger) pic of the Bartirome, there was more initial indication of the extent of the damage than I originally thought.

Basically, I got lazy with doing my due diligence on this one.