View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 08:52 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
What Leon said... "definitely going to charge for that service"

It is a fancy box. And the fancy box is in a nice shipping box. When we buy/sell on eBay, they assess a varying fee.
It's certainly possible that they will charge for this "service" in the future. The cost to provide it has got to be $10 (maybe more) per item, by the time you add up shipping, packaging, and inspection, plus just the infrastructure of managing it all.

At the same time, I suspect that it also saves eBay by reducing the number of disputes over items that were not shipped, or were not as described. I suspect that the annual dollar amount in prior years for settling fraud disputes on their platform can't have been small.

Even if it just keeps honest buyers/sellers from getting cheesed at eBay from having a bad experience when they get hosed by an unscrupulous counterparty, then that seems like a win for them.

Of course, the counterpoint is that around these parts, there seems to be no shortage of people who are cheesed at the very existence of the program. So it cuts both ways!

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel