View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 05:04 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I know this to be the case that their submissions are increasing. Or rather, I take them at their word for it. Peter, the CEO, recently posted a video on social media where he talks about their decision to increase their promised turn-around times from 25-30 days to 45-60 days because they are getting slammed with an increase in submissions. It also aligns anecdotally with what I'm seeing on other forums and chat groups I've been in where a lot of submitters are making the transition over to SGC now because their turnaround times and customer service have been so good lately. Plus, the gap in sales prices between them and PSA has been narrowing. All are good signs for SGC. Also worth noting is that a lot of people were holding out in anticipation that PSA would have reopened bulk grading by now. I think they're slowly realizing that this actually isn't going to happen any time soon, so they're more willing to try out other options now.
great intel. thank you. however I do not see any demand for SGC in the secondary market outside of pre-war. I was just offered a 40% discount on a perfect SGC 9 gretzky listed card I have and could not get a dollar more. the general population of collectors does not respect SGC unfortunately. the pre-war collector is typically more knowledgeable, which is why SGC=PSA in pre-war resale generally.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236