Thread: PSA Layoffs
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 12:26 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
The article I read stated 11 people were let go. Now to those 11 people I am sure that was impactful but the company has over 1500 employees. They are still hiring to boot. Don't believe everything you hear/read.

Reminds me of the PWCC buy out. Virtually everyone has concluded that Fanatics bought them out because they were nearly insolvent. Where people got that info is beyond me. Maybe Sports Card Radio or Sports Card Investor on youtube? Doubt Fanatics would want or need to buy out an insolvent company. Yes it happens but other than PWCC contracting, as they should in a slowing market, there was nothing else out there that suggested insolvency or that they were struggling.
Ya, I thought that was pretty funny. I kept reading people saying PWCC was insolvent and that Fanatics likely scooped them up for merely the cost of their debt. Lol. Zero chance that is true. They likely heard that from the SCR clown. PWCC was and is a very viable business. They may have been temporarily cash poor, but that is quite different from being insolvent. No way in hell Brent and Betsy are just walking away with empty pockets after everything that they've built and everything that has happened over the past few years. They've been looking to get acquired for a while now. They were either going down swinging or getting paid and walking away while flipping all their haters/eBay the double bird on their way out. They probably walked away with an 8-figure payday.

Last edited by Snowman; 06-05-2023 at 12:28 AM.