View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 08:24 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corflu View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Mike. I am not sure why some of these square cards have been graded in the past where you say none would do this. Maybe they have just learned over time on Jackie. I am not sure where to go from here, maybe nowhere.

As for why to have it graded I am surprised you would ask. Which would you rather have?

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card with no grade
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA grade 2 card
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA grade 7 card

Grading authenticates that a vintage card is not fake and also the relative quality of the card. Also the marketplace will let you know the value others place on them via these ratings and that all cards are not created or valued the same.
Each card in your example are easily identified as being issued from Topps and in 1952. Having any of the three would be a fantastic item to own.

Not being able to definitively identify that the card you submitted to three different grading companies should tell you all you need to know about that card and the subsequent set. I would really like the cards that I have to be Homogenized Bond Bread cards. But there are way too many variables for me much less a TPG to definitively answer that question.

I now believe my card set is likely from The Festberg Remainders and they are cool, old and mine. As to a catalog number to associate them too, I doubt greatly that will ever happen.

As to why some TPGs did grade some of those cards, it was early in their grading experience and mistakes were made. As you can see now, they learned and will not grade them any longer.

Last edited by butchie_t; 07-05-2021 at 08:27 PM.