View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 04:03 PM

Default Punch 1910 (3)

Hello, I continue the above, as a collector of various things except baseball in 1983 I was appointed a member of the Havana Philately Club, there we met on Saturdays and Sundays, and among the collectors we made exchanges, one day one of the partners appeared with 5 White sheets but with damp spots on the bottom, 4 of the sheets had postage stamps, but the one who glued those stamps stuck them in the shape of a "T" on all the sheets, above in ink on 2 of the sheets they wrote Cuba and in the other 2 Spain because they were stamps from those countries, in the other above it said "Punch" because they were images of players, the stamps were emissions from 1908-1911 but they were very common stamps and nobody was interested, he asked for each sheet $ 5, when they were in my hands I saw something new for me which were the baseball cards, on that sheet stuck in the shape of a "T" there were about 20, I returned the sheets and when about 2 hours passed and saw that no one got them I bought the rebates at $ 1 per cad A leaf, but neither me nor anyone, then before leaving he looked at us all annoyed and tore all the leaves and put them in the trash can, nobody collected baseball cards, but weeks later I realized the mistake I made. Years later, as a collector, some cards began to appear, but those from 1910 were very rare, in that year there were no baseball collectors and when those cards were in the packs, smokers who were not interested in baseball at that time threw them on the floor, To the one who was interested, I pasted them like the story I did before, on one occasion years ago they brought me 11 cards, the collector pasted them on the album, but one next to the other without leaving space between them despite the fact that the album had the didujo of the separate paintings, a few years ago a friend called me to go to his house to see some "Punch" cards, the collector in 1910 pasted them on a newspaper sheet from that year and folded the page, it is a miracle that when that folded sheet would not vote for it, and among the postcards on that sheet was Ty Cobb.